Interested in Volunteering at Jacob's Hope?
Jacob’s Hope is a non-profit 501(c)(3) speciality care nursery providing 24-hour care to substance exposed newborns. We enlist the help of volunteers from the community to support the needs of our newborns and organization as a whole. The partnerships that have been created with people like you are invaluable. Without your help, we would not be able to function. Volunteer opportunities are available day and night! Our Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to find something that fits your schedule and area of interest. Come volunteer on a weekly or monthly basis, or even occasionally as your schedule allows!
Here are some ways you can help as a volunteer:
- Cuddling babies (as requested by Jacob’s Hope authorized staff)
- Doing laundry for the babies
- Cleaning and stocking of baby nurseries
- Sorting of donations of baby clothes and keeping storage room tidy
- Assisting with receptionist activities (answering phones)
- Filling out Thank You cards on behalf of Jacob’s Hope
- Performing general maintenance or light cleaning
- Assisting with fundraising efforts
- Stocking New Parent Backpacks
- Assisting with Community Outreach and events
Additional Volunteer Positions:
- Web Developer
Are you a business owner or expert in a particular field willing to lend a hand with something not listed above? We’d love to hear from you too!
Our newborns and their health and safety are our top priority. Volunteers must have a non-judgemental attitude toward the families we serve. In addition, Jacob’s Hope is a licensed Behavioral Health Inpatient Facility and we must adhere to certain requirements. All Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age, provide two references, attend our Volunteer Orientation, and must have to be willing to obtain:
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (FREE)
- Flu Vaccine (FREE) or wear a mask at all times
- Valid Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card (fee associated)
To get started, fill out the Volunteer Information Form. We look forward to having you join our team!